Homemade spaghetti sauce will not only go easy on your pocket but you can also prepare it according to the taste you wish, such as spaghetti sauce made with red wine.
How To Prepare Spaghetti Sauce At Home
If you are afraid to go with the idea of making a home-made spaghetti sauce, then this blog will help you learn how to make homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch. You may want to have the perfect canned tomato sauce or a traditional sauce made with the family recipe.
Whatever recipe you follow, a finger-licking spaghetti sauce is all about going for the tricks, especially using the wine in your sauce.
The recipe that we are going to share is spaghetti sauce made with wine. And, it will certainly convince you why wine is considered one of the most important ingredients in our spaghetti sauce.
Why Red Wine And What To Choose?
Daily intake of red wine, says one glass, helps to improve some measures of the heart health.
You may choose any of the red wines that can give you the best taste when used in cooking. Mostly, the most suggested red wine in cooking is Barolo and Chianti. Red wine helps in storing the original flavors and the fragrance of each of the other ingredients used in spaghetti sauce to be made at home.
By adding red wine to your spaghetti sauce, you will have the added richness and lip smacking taste in your sauce.
Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce & Red Wine Recipe
The ingredients for spaghetti sauce will be easily available at the ease of your homes and are as follows:
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes; this can be a mixture of diced tomatoes and tomato puree or paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
How To Prepare
Now, as you have all the ingredients, follow the steps enlisted below and get the delicious spaghetti sauce with wine ready to enjoy.
- Bring out your deep non-stick saucepan, preheat it and then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- The next step is to sauté the garlic in heated olive oil. 2 tablespoons of minced garlic has to be stirred continuously to bring out the delightful aromas. Once the garlic starts to get translucent and softens, you must lower the heat.
- As the garlic is finely sautéed, pour the crushed tomatoes into the pan. Stir the garlic and tomatoes together to incorporate these two ingredients with each other.
- For the next 10 minutes approximately, cook the tomatoes with the sauteed garlic at a medium flame.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked for 10 minutes, add the seasonings. 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon of dried oregano and 1 tablespoon of dried basil have to go with this step. You may adjust the seasoning portions after tasting your sauce. But, try to keep the proportion of added seasonings fairly good enough in the first place.
- The choice we have made for these seasonings is the different sort of flavor that each spice carries. Oregano, for instance, has an adamant herb flavor with a peppery bite and a zing. Similarly, the Dried Basil that is also known as ‘tomato herb’ has a clove-like aroma that ideally complements the tomatoes.
Do you want to know the reason why this recipe is better and much admired amongst the Italian cuisine lovers? Here you go! In the case of typical recipes for Spaghetti sauces, this would have been the last step to add the seasonings, but our recipe has red wine as its main ingredient.
Red wine will be added in the final step and very gently. The mixture will then be mixed thoroughly to bring out the flavorsome effects of red wine in the spaghetti sauce.
The red wine we recommend you to use in cooking, particularly in making the perfect spaghetti sauce is Chianti. Chianti is one of the most desired red wines in the kitchen, and it has the blend of flavors of red fruits, bitter herbs, balsamic vinegar and smoke.
The Spaghetti Sauce Twist - Making It Better
If you wish for other tricks to add to the taste of your spaghetti sauce, then you are in luck because there are a few more tricks that may bring wonders to your sauce. One of the tricks was to add red wine as above; others are as follows:
- Heat equals flavor. And that is why we recommend you to roast the tomatoes first; either you are going for canned or fresh tomatoes. The rich flavor of tomatoes in your sauce will make it taste much fresher and juicier. One easy way to roast your tomatoes is to roast it in a 400 degree heated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Add a cheese rind to your sauce. Instead of throwing away the rind, add it to your sauce while simmering. Parmesan and Romano will be a right choice to go.
- If you wish for a wonderfully rich, velvety and mouth-watering spaghetti sauce, then do not forget to add butter. Butter has its own rich flavor plus it elevates the flavor of all the ingredients in your spaghetti sauce. A few tablespoons to about half a stick, either way, work well.
A Few Last Minute Recipe Pointers
Well, this ingredient is not going to give it a fishy taste, so do not cringe. A good suggestion in order to boost the rich and subtle flavor of your sauce is to add anchovies to your spaghetti sauce. 1-2 fillets or even a dollop of anchovy will turn around the taste of your sauce into something absolutely irresistible.
A good recipe is not enough for you to excel at cooking your favorite dish. It is more about working with each of the ingredients just like how an artist works with his tools to come up with a remarkable piece of art. How we can bring together different flavors is how well we marvel at cooking.
Last Update On