- 1 Best Faucet Water Filters Compared
- 2 Why trust us?
- 3 Faucet Water Filter Reviews
- 4 So What Is A Faucet Mounted Water Filter?
- 5 Are There Different Types Of Faucet Filters?
- 6 Pros And Cons Of Using A Faucet Mounted Water Filter
- 7 How To Choose Your Faucet Water Filter?
- 8 How To Install Your Faucet Water Filter?
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Our Pick:
Sounds great, right? But how are you going to choose with all those options available on the market? Well, I was in the exact same situation - overwhelmed with choice and couldn't decide even if my life depended on it. So took it upon myself to personally test all the faucet filters on this list, get all the pros and cons of each product and help you make an informed choice. After spending a few weeks drinking water and testing filters, here are my findings:
Best Faucet Water Filters Compared
1. PUR 3-Stage
2. New Wave Enviro
3 - Culligan FM-25
4 - DuPont Electric
5. InstaPure F5BCC3P-1ES
Why trust us?
We spent a lot of time mounting, testing and drinking water to bring you the best possible faucet mounted water filters buying guide. It took us over a month to test each filter to see if any of them excels in filtering water and if any of them truly sucks. And yes, one of them does, badly, but we'll go over them individually to see what's what.
Faucet Water Filter Reviews
To sum up our choices and make it easier for you to decide, let's sum up our findings and guide you towards what we think it is the best ones to buy, which are a good budget choices and what to avoid at all cost:
- PUR 3 Stage Faucet Mount Filter - Best Overall
- New Wave Enviro 10 Stage System
- Culligan FM25 - Best Water Filter Runner-Up
- DuPont Electric Metered - Best For Chlorinated Water
- InstaPure F5BCC3P-1ES - Best Budget Faucet Filter
Let's take a look at the most popular filters and system on the market, according to our honest opinion, and see which one excels where and why one of them falls short of our expectations:
So What Is A Faucet Mounted Water Filter?
One of those long lines of appliances which serve to improve drinking experience is the faucet water filter. Some other appliances of this kind would include blenders and espresso machines.
A faucet water filter is mounted right to your faucet. Rather than using complex filtration systems or putting the water in the jug with a filter, with faucet mounted filter you can get clean and tasty water right from your tap.
In addition, it connects right to the faucet and works every single time the faucet is turned on. These are great options because it can be installed in seconds but won’t affect the functionality of the faucet. Along with that, it is also easy to use since you only need to turn on the faucet.
Are There Different Types Of Faucet Filters?
Once you want to make the taste of the water a lot better and also remove the impurities making it safer for consumption, the use of water faucet filter is a wise choice. If you plan on shopping for this kind of filter, you might notice that there are various numbers of sizes, brands, and designs in the market today.
In addition to that, you might also notice the two different kinds of this water filter and those are the following:
These are the ones that are attached directly to the faucet and most commonly used in the kitchen. They are also the most common type, and they remove the impurities from the water at the same time while altering the taste for the better.
If you prefer a bit of flavor to the water, you might try a filter which doesn’t only improve the taste of the water but will also add a kick to its flavor. These types would use flavor cartridges that will add fruity taste to the water. It would be like you are drinking flavored bottled water.
Pros And Cons Of Using A
Faucet Mounted Water Filter
There are numbers of benefits to the use of best faucet water filter. Those are the following:
1. Cleaner Water: A water filter will remove the minerals that are present in the water and would give a cleaner and odorless water which is a lot more appealing to use and drink every single day.
2. Great savings: You can get liter after liter of clean water just for a one-off payment for the filter which can be used throughout the kitchen leading to great savings in the long run.
3. Convenience: A cleaner water that is also a lot more satisfying, you will more likely to drink and use it on a daily basis. Rather than replacing the bottles of water all the time, you can get glass after glass of water with little to no effort.
4. No more stains: With the use of filtered water you won’t stain the kitchenware. And stained items do not go unnoticed to most homeowners, and this would just remove such small headache with the use of water filter.
5. Stop filtering whenever you need: Once you want to disconnect the filter as well as its abilities, in most cases only a small button push is needed, and the water filter would turn itself off.
On the other hand, there are also numbers of disadvantages or drawbacks that are associated with the use of faucet water filter. Some are the following:
1. Frequent Replacements: A water filter would need to be frequently replaced than other filtration systems. It would need changing about every three months, but these replacement filters are a bit cheaper anyway.
2. Slow Water Flow: There are some models that might give a slow water flow, so you need to choose the best one.
3. Ensuring Proper Fit: Prior to buying, you should check the specifications of a certain model ensuring that it would fit the faucet you have.
Those are the benefits and the drawbacks once you consider the use of water filter.
How To Choose Your Faucet Water Filter?
Once you start to shop for the best water faucet filter for your budget and needs, there are also certain factors that should be considered. They are as follows:
1. Odor Or Taste
If your tap water has an unusual taste and strange odor, then you might need a water filter which will improve both the smell and the taste of the water.
2. Water Use
The amount of water needed to be filtered should be considered. If you use only a small amount every day, then it would be better for you to use a filtering pitcher. A counter-top or the under-counter filtering unit is needed for larger amounts of filtered water. But for the majority of people, a faucet mounted water filter is a great choice.
Since we don’t actually know what is in the water, the water filter should have the ability to remove the contaminants from the water. The National Drinking Water Database could help in determining the unwanted substances in the water. After that, you can compare the filters and choose the one that excels in the said role.
4. Style Or Finish
Being an extension of the water fixture, there is a high possibility that it won’t look natural in the kitchen. There are numbers of filters that are available in chrome, white, black, or the brushed aluminum finishes.
5. Filter Replacement Cost
Most of the filters should be replaced at least every 2 to 3 months, and they are particularly rated by a number of gallons of water that they could filter. Bear in mind that replacement filters costing the same as the entire unit might not be a great choice.
6. Last But Not Least - Price
And finally, most faucet water filters could be reasonable in price, but the price isn’t always associated with the filtering performance. Simply consider a great faucet water filter based on your budget and our filter reviews, of course!
Bear in mind the above-mentioned factors once you plan to shop for the best water faucet filter for you to have a safe tap water as well.
How To Install Your Faucet Water Filter?
Before you buy your faucet water filter from the ones we have on review here, you should also learn how to install it. Follow these steps for safe and quick installation, but check out this video from PUR filters first:
Shut off the water supply. It would be the best that you shut off the water valves located under the sink just to be sure no water will come out if the faucet is turned off.
Step 1: Remove The Faucet Aerator
The threaded aerator is located on the end of the faucet which can be removed. Simply, wrap a cloth around it to protect the faucet then loosen it using a pipe wrench and spin it off by hand.
Step 2: Clean The Seal Or Threads
Clean the residue off from the threads which are at the end of the faucet right after the aerator has already been removed.
Step 3: Check If Adapter Is Needed
Check the parts and determine if there is a need for an adapter. Now, you have to take all the parts out from the package which the filter would come in and lay them on a cloth on the counter that is next to your kitchen sink. Also, you have to take a look at the sink faucet threads and identify the needed adapter piece.
Step 4: Install the Faucet Attachment Piece
There are instructions in the manual that would help you a lot. It will also tell you which piece you actually need to thread to the water faucet.
Step 4: Attach The Rest Of The Filter
And it’s time to attach the water filter bottle along with the enclosed filter into it to the part that you just threaded on the water faucet. Attach some other needed parts.
Step 5: Test If Everything Is Working
And finally, test, in order to make sure that there are no leaks and the water flow, is good.
Simply follow these steps when you purchase a new water filter. Still, the help of experts might as well be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can water filter really improve the taste and quality of the water?
Yes, definitely! It will reduce specific toxic chemicals like herbicides and pesticides. It also reduces contaminants such as heavy metals.
2. Which water filter is best for hard water?
Any of the water filters must be sufficient for hard or soft water.
3. How long does a faucet filter cartridge last?
As for achieving optimal filter effect, there is a need to replace the filter cartridge at least every 4 weeks. This useful lifespan would also depend on the quality as well as on the degree of hardness of the tap water.
4. Will there be a reduced water flow?
Filtered water would flow at a slower rate compared with the unfiltered water since the media restricts the water flow. This would help the filter in order to trap the unwanted contaminants.
Our pick for 2019 is the PUR Advanced faucet mounter water filter. It is easy to use, offers best in class water filtration and it lasts quite a while before it needs cartridge replacement. Great price too, considering the competition!
Though there are wide options in the market today and some of the best options are provided below, PUR 3-Stage Advanced Faucet Water Filter stands out from all of them. Why? Well, aside from being one of the best sellers of faucet water filters, there are numbers of reasons why it sits on top for me.
Stop spending your money on bottled water rather enjoy your own fresh water right from your faucet with the use of the best faucet water filters. They are a convenient way to have clean drinking water right from the tap. Use this buying guide and reviews to come up with a wise and practical decision.
We will be happy to hear your thoughts on the topic. Please leave your comments below and hit like and share too! Happy reading!