Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Grinder
If you like to rise and shine every day with a cup of coffee, and have your beans ground quickly, efficiently with just the right proportion of fineness, then Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Grinder is an ideal addition to your home coffee making setup.
Rancilio is the most commendable brand in my whole family. This Italian-made stylish grinder with solid construction and remarkable performance offers you all the control you need for a perfect grind. It uses high-end coffee-grinding technology and hence, preserves the maximum aroma giving you the original taste of the coffee beans. Its price is fairly reasonable for the excellent features and optimal functioning.
Features & Functionality Of Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Grinder
Rancilio is one of the most popular brands in commercial quality coffee making machines and grinders. The SD model reviewed today is a doserless version of the Rancilio Rocky burr grinder. Let’s have a look at other significant features of this wonderful machine.
Design and Construction
The overall design of this electric burr grinder is sleek, elegant and heavy duty. From a construction perspective, I found this model quite sturdy and easy to assemble, manage and operate. The back is made of stainless steel while the front is made from black metal, enhancing its durability.
The 50mm flat stainless steel burrs of commercial grade, with a powerful motor of 166-watts direct drive (spins at 1,725 RPM), generate less friction and prevent heat build-up while grinding. This means it will not burn your beans even when grinding for a long time.
Dimensions & Weight
This doserless grinder weighs 15.4 pounds with the dimensions of 9.8 x 4.7 x 13.8 inches. You can easily place it anywhere in your home, office or shop counter. However, I wouldn’t recommend it for small kitchens.
Multiple Grind Settings
Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Grinder offers 55 ways to grind without producing extra heat during the process.
Bean Hopper Capacity
The grinder comes with a compact bean hopper. This blue tinted hopper gives your beans UV protection. It can easily hold up to a half pound (8 oz.) of beans, and lifts off for stress-free and easy cleaning.
Benefits of Using Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Grinder
A buyer always pays for the benefits of a product. This electric burr coffee grinder will give you the ease of use along with the advantages enlisted below, which no other, less expensive girder can provide.
- This grinder provides all coffee brewing styles from French Press all the way down to espresso.
- It is compatible with a lot of coffee machines and offers you a range grinds for different types of coffee.
- Its compact hopper, made of blue-tinted plastic protects the coffee beans from ultraviolet rays.
- The push buttons and the grind dial allow for smooth operation.
- High quality smoked plastic is used in the manufacturing of chute/dispensing beak and the bean hopper.
- Its heavy duty motor will not slow down even if it under the most demanding workload.
- You can easily see through the transparent hopper, though it’s tinted, and monitor the level of beans added to it.
- The effortless removal of the hopper and burrs provides makes cleaning and maintenance simple.
- The button release system fixed on the grinder’s collar is easy to use.
- The grind dial and ultra-fine threading of burrs allow you to enjoy a great versatility of grinds - from espresso to French press, and all types in between.
- It has a thermal protection device installed that shuts it down upon overheating, and prevents damage to the motor and grinding mechanism.
- Durable with great functional reliability
- Well-designed and sleek looking
- User-friendly with simple controls
- Grinding abilities are second to none
- Easy adjustment for any type of grind.
- Incredibly easy to access the burrs
- Offers quiet and cool operation
- 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Some coffee grinds may get left behind in the hopper and chamber. This is very common in almost all types of grinders (economical and expensive), and isn’t anything to worry about.
- While grinding, you may not be able to change the grind adjustment to finer or coarser settings. It’s pretty difficult. So, always set the preferred grind in the first place, or you may need a second hand to help you with it.
Tips To Consider While Using Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Grinder
- If it shoots too slow, say more than 20 seconds, you will get an extremely fine grind. Adjust it to a bigger grind number on the dial.
- If it shots too fast (less than 18 seconds) then your grind will be too coarse. This means you need to adjust the grind to a smaller number.
The Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Grinder is for coffee lovers with an open budget. This best quality grinder with premium features and excellent performance is a remarkable choice both for private and commercial use. If you are looking for better control over grinding this might be the right choice for you.
Last Update On