Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Bin
If you are a coffee lover then having a high-end grinder in your home is simply a must. However, high-end doesn’t necessarily mean expensive, and this grinder is here to prove it. One of my friends got me a Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder for Christmas. I loved it so much that I bought one for my sister right away as a gift for her wedding anniversary.
Baratza Encore is a highly praised grinder amongst coffee experts. The model that I am going to review today is a go-to, entry level product for brewing coffee of any type at home. It produces great grinds that can make your coffee-drinking experience more memorable.Burrs
Features & Functionality of Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Bin
The thing I love the most about this appliance is the rock-solid feel I always get when I use it. The sturdiness and stability it provides for this price is unmatched by any product of its kind. Let’s take a look at some key features of this superb device.
The Encore has 40 mm conical burrs made of hardened steel that can grind for different coffee brewing styles. These burrs produce an exceptionally consistent grinds, and they can process about 500 lbs of coffee prior to the need of replacement.
Dimensions & Weight
The grinder is solid black in color and weighs 6.8 pounds, with the dimensions of 7.5 x 7 x 14 inches. It can be easily moved and placed anywhere in your home or office.
Gear Box 2.0
The 2nd generation gearbox is embedded in the Baratza Encore. It helps to minimize the noise and makes this machine more durable in the long run. It also increases the strength factor of the drive transmission.
With 40 adjustable grind settings (from extremely fine to fine, medium, coarse and all in between the four) you can get a perfect grind for French press, espresso or any other coffee brewing type. You can grind from 250 up to 1200 microns with quick adjustments and easy turning of the hopper.
Its hopper’s capacity is 8oz (227 g) while the capacity of the grounds bin is 5 oz. (142g)
Grinds Left in Grinder
The Baratza Encore can grind left that helps in maximizing the freshness.
Time Controlling Options
An on/off knob on the grinder’s side and the pulse button on its front are the only ways to control your grinding intervals.
Benefits of Using Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Enlisted below are the primary benefits of this outstanding grinder that might help you with the purchase decision.
- This model is durable, reliable and affordable.
- It is easily adjustable for any type of coffee ranging from French press to Turkish grind.
- You can use it even with the traditional espresso machines; pressurized or non-pressurized systems.
- The upgrade gear box works on 450 RPMs and decreases the noise.
- The DC motor efficiently keeps the coffee beans cool enough to avoid their burning, especially during the extended grind times.
- The high-performance speed reducers slow down the burr speed to 450 RPM. This decreases the noise, heat and static buildup.
- The bean feeding process is smooth because of the reduced RPMs.
- The burrs installed in this grinder are durable and can last for many years. You can enjoy their sharpness and good grinds.
- Front-mounted pulse button on this machine provides on-demand grinding.
- A DC motor used in this product produces high torque - hence smoothly drives the burrs.
- The thermal cutoff and automatic resetting switch used in the circuitry adds great value to this model.
- For additional capacity, you can add a hopper extension by Baratza
- Reliable and Affordable
- Well-Built, sturdy Design
- Adjustable Grind Settings
- Gives Consistent Grind
- Easy to Clean & Maintain
- Safe and Quiet
- Less static buildup
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- This is the slowest of all machines in its class. Moreover, it does not come with the portafilter holder necessary for espresso. However, these are not big issues because the price and other features make up for it.
Tips To Consider While Using Baratza Encore Burr Grinder
elow are some tips on how to use this machine properly.
- Assemble carefully and perfectly fix all components.
- Before turning it on, make sure that it’s cleaned and ready to operate.
- Place on a flat surface before using.
- Do not exceed the capacity of the ground container.
- Do not use if any part is loose or damaged.
- Keep checking the components for repairs/replacement
- Keep it clean, well-maintained and out of kids reach.
The Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Bin is an incredible offer for the money. It is easy to use and adjust. If you want a consistent grind of your choice at a good price, then this is machine product that you should check out right now.
You might also like : Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder, Black
Last Update On